Monday, February 22, 2010

We don't know very much

I got a book from the library today on the science behind low carb diets (Living the Low Carb Life by Jonny Bowden, M.A., C.N.S.)... and pretty much everything I thought I knew about gaining and loosing weight, metabolism, and diet is being challenged.  And I thought I knew a good bit... obsessively reading about it for years, taking college nutrition classes...

Then I watched this video about how some people decided to point the Hubble telescope at a little point in space that was thought to be "empty," and 1,000s of new galaxies were found in it.  (its a little dramatic but still intriguing... http://www.flixxy.com/hubble-ultra-deep-field-3d.htm)

And basically I'm coming to realize, though we tell ourselves differently, we don't know very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment