Saturday, March 13, 2010

God's Plan

God has the best plan for my life.   This doesn't mean his plan is the easiest.  It doesn't mean the most comfortable or convenient.  It definitely doesn't mean the most rational or easy to explain.  In fact, it may be painful.  It may be difficult and seemingly irrational.  But it is the life that most glorifies the Lord, in which he makes me the most like him.  It is also the life through which he can create in me the most love, joy, and peace.

Jesus did not live a comfortable life.  In fact, he willingly gave up all comfort, literally sacrificing his own body to be brutally destroyed.

Of course I hope God has nothing like that in store for my life, but the truth is the sufferings of this life are short and light in the context of eternity.  And he provides enough strength for whatever he sends.

No comments:

Post a Comment